Tried and liked:
- IMPORTANT: The model is tight on the sides (I usually wear 37/38 but with these shoes my size is 41)
- In comparison with Summer barefoot shoes, these shoes don’t have the same “barefoot” feeling to them. But for winter boots they are pretty comfortable (they feel a bit like house shoes)
- They have an anti-slip sole that helps on icy ground.
- Even though the boots are tight on the sides, they have a normal length so the feet are a bit too loose
- In the beginning they hurt a bit on the heels but with time the shoes adjust to your feet
- In deep snow the velcro on the sides doesn’t work but the shoes don’t come off the feet and are still waterproof
Tried and didn’t like:
ZAQQ EXPEQ black version (there is also a Brown version) – they are very hard and bulky shoes. They were not comfortable and definitely didn’t give me a barefoot feel. They also hurt a bit on the ankle. I really can’t imagine myself being able to walk long ways with these shoes
Vivobarefoot Tracker Firm Ground Ladies (there is also a
brown version) – check the size chart and order accordingly (don’t believe what they say about the shoes being too big); they are bulky and hard and put pressure on the ankle
Vivobarefoot Trail Freak II Waterproof – they are very tight on the top and on the sides
Kross Urban Schuhe (see more and more colours) – Don’t trust their sizing charts, just order your usual shoe size. I ordered the 36 (usually I wear the 37) and it’s too small. They are a bit hard and feel a bit like when wearing business shoes, not really that barefoot shoes feeling. They have an elastic exactly on the curve between the foot and the leg that after walking for a while starts hurting.